Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bring them back




I recently found a curious little pin. It is small, round and it has a retractable reel inside - like a tiny tape measure! What the what?! Turns out that ladies used these tiny accessories in the early 1900s to hold spectacles, pencils, watches and anything else they needed quick access to. Sort of like a pretty, portable pocket. Since I found that first one, I seem to be a magnet for these pins. I've found four of them in less than three weeks! I'm putting the silver one in the shop today.

6 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

Yes!!! I believe these were called chatelaines? AMAZING

Unknown said...

Oooo! I love them. Now that I have to wear "spectacles" I think I need one. Let the search begin

lauren said...

here here! and i love how you photographed them in what looks like a brick, so cool!

Wild Tea Party said...

How clever! I thought having a pen on a necklace was fabulous, but this is even better.

STLvintage said...

Love your photography and now I have something new to hunt for!

Zohar said...

That's is pretty cool! As a glasses wearing girl, I can truely understand the need for having something to hold them in reach!

Post a Comment