Monday, November 29, 2010

Cookie locket




I just listed a remarkable locket that is the size of a jumbo Oreo cookie. It is the biggest locket I've ever come across in my hunting, and also one of the prettiest. The name engraved on the locket is Garnett, which was a name appropriate for both boys and girls at the turn of the century in the United States. This locket - which was made by the Bliss Brother's Company of Attleboro, MA in the 1910s or 1920s - was most certainly meant for a young lady. I tried to think of all kind of reasons to keep this one - adding Garnett as a second middle name, buying a pet and naming it Garnett, moving to a town called Garnett . . . you get the idea. Can you blame me?

2 comments:

Ella Preuss said...

I love it! I wish I could find a locket for myself where I live.

Liane said...

It's a pretty locket and the huge size makes it interesting, but my favorite part is actually the inscription of "Garnett." I know gem names come and go in vogue, but I've never heard of someone named Garnett. In fact, I thought it said "Garrett" at first. But I doubt a gentleman would be wearing such a locket.

Post a Comment