Monday, December 13, 2010

X-Mas Eve outfit

My favorite day of the year isn't Christmas, or Thanksgiving, or my birthday. It is Christmas Eve. To be more specific, it is 3 PM Christmas Eve to 7 AM Christmas day. These are long, luxurious hours of possibility and anticipation. One of my favorite traditions during this window of time is my husband's family gathering. His immediate family isn't very big, but he has lots of aunts and uncles and most of them convene with their families every year for an Anderson Christmas Eve dinner. I love the routine of it - getting dressed up, piling into the van, walking up the steps of the house, being warmly greeted by Soren's Aunt Martha, catching up with all of the family, etc. On the drive home, Soren's dad takes us on a slow, winding tour of the neighborhood Christmas lights. We (Soren, his sisters and me) usually cause mischief in the backseat by (badly) singing Christmas carols and drawing inappropriate things in the foggy windows. Sometimes, if we are lucky, Soren's sister Gretchen does an impression of Julia Child that makes me wish for a pair of Depends.

I have fun picking out my outfit for X-Mas Eve every year. This is what I think I will wear this year! I built the entire outfit around the amazing shoes, which are from Lauren at Dear Golden Vintage.

9 comments:

Anne said...

I love this for many reasons---one, your brooch! Looks familiar :)

Two---where in the world did you get those shoes!?

XXOO

lauren said...

love this post duff! i want to go to soren's family's house for Christmas eve!

Unknown said...

Such a great attention to detail! I would love to share a cup of eggnog with you!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintageshaun

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

So cute! Love the buttons on that skirt and those great shoes.

Lauren Maurer said...

Wow. You look amazing!

Wild Tea Party said...

This outfit is too, too adorable Duff. And it's so nice to hear about your Christmas traditions with Soren's family, it's nice to have those dependable fun times to share every year :)

Liane said...

Amazing outfit. I love the cut and texture of the skirt. It's glam and festive all at once. Sounds like you have some great holiday traditions as well.

Maria Casteel said...

love that skirt! and of course the jewelry is perfect.

May said...

You looked beautiful, by the way.

Post a Comment