Thursday, January 20, 2011

No regrets






Part of me wants to keep all of the jewelry that I find. No shop, no selling, just hoarding! Luckily, I am juuusst sensible enough to realize that would be like hoarding 1000s of shortbread cookies. There is no way I could eat 1000s of cookies by myself and it would just be a waste of butter and sugar. Similarly, there is no way that I can wear all of the jewelry I find. And so I happily (gratefully) send most of it off to live new lives with new girls.

That said, there is one thing that I regret selling. It was a little 1920s pin with clear glass that I sold to a lovely lady in the early days of Jean Jean Vintage. Nothing super fancy, just something that I loved. I've been looking for another one ever since and even managed to find the same pin in different colors. Then, last week, I found another one. What luck.

9 comments:

Zohar said...

those are beautiful pins! How special that you managed to find similar ones :)

lauren said...

the boomerang effect of vintage! hurrah!

Jacqueline said...

The forget-me-nots are precious. A very you piece.

Marie said...

I am a hoarder, then I have cleaning fits and sell sadly...
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Bess Georgette said...

Those pins are gorgeous!

PS Love Edith Piaf!

Alyssa S. said...

I can see why you'd want to keep them! The jewelry I've made to sell, I've almost always wanted to just keep them for myself. These days, I'm mostly making stuff for myself and I kind of like it that way :) I see what you mean though, if you held on to it all, we might see you on an episode of Horders!

Anonymous said...

I am a slow hoarder. I have lots of jewelry that I've gathered over the years and most if it I never wear. I expect my children will one day go through it with greedy eyes and make stories up about them.

On a side note, I have a teddy bear lamp with a music box built in from my nursery, so it's quite old. I saw another one at the thrift shop and I got so emotional because I love mine so much!

Liane said...

This story has such a happy ending. And I love that you sold the pin to share the vintage and the pin came back around to you threefold! It is very pretty.

Bettina said...

Ooooh, those pins are so beautiful!
In case you manage to find even more of them and decide to sell them, would you mind contacting me before putting them in your shop? I'd be forever grateful.. :)
b.muehlbach@gmail.com

PS: I adore your shop. Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment