Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Winter, via Instagram

           
         

I'd like to raise my hands in a "Hallelujah" of thanks for camera phones. I'm just beginning to get the hang of mine (late bloomer, I know) and just in the nick of time! My Nikon was good for taking happy snaps of Severen when he was really little, but now that he is on the move I don't have a prayer of capturing much of anything with my fancy camera. Especially those elusive and *best* moments that last less than 15 seconds and seem to always happen when we are away from the house (like that last balloon shot). Even with my phone at arm's reach I still only manage to log a couple of photos of him a day. But the ones I am getting I really love. And let's be honest: I probably wouldn't take a photo of my kitchen counter, a self portrait in a car or baked goods with my Nikon, either.  Maybe I consider those shots to be unworthy of documentation somehow. Which is silly, really, because those things are LIFE . . . the kitchen counter, a ride in a car, warm cookies and a boy with a balloon.

4 comments:

No Carnations said...

Great shots! Thanks for the share : )

Emily said...

Lovely photos :)

In Yr Fshn said...

That kid is a cutie! Beautiful navette ring too.

steph.kelley said...

Whoaaa fish! And...can I come over for coffee some time? Barista in the house.... :) xoxoxo

Post a Comment